Bet you don’t know any of these cool car facts
Until today, I tell people that my longest commitment is to my car. It’s funny but true – when I’m sad, it’s there for me. Happy? There for me. Annoyed? Anxious? Hungry, lonely, excited – whatever the feeling, I know my car is there for me, ready for anything from a midnight drive to a quick run to McD’s. My car just understands me. It knows me.
But… I don’t know much about my car. Or any car for that matter! So I’ve decided to educate myself and share the knowledge because, you know what? My car deserves it! So if you feel the same way I do, without further ado, here are 7 totally random but cool facts about cars for you to absorb that will make your car proud to have an owner like you.
1. You know that “new car smell” we all love? It’s made from about 50 volatile substances. Yikes.
2. While Hitler was in prison, he wrote to a Mercedes car dealership begging for a car loan. He didn’t get it.
3. The average car has… 30 000 parts. If you have a weird desire to dissemble and reassemble a car, I’d suggest you tell yourself to calm down and play with legos instead.
4. If you drove at the speed of about 95km/h, it would take you around 6 months to get to the moon. Assuming there was a road to the moon. And the laws of physics decided to take a break during this drive.
5. In Russia, it’s a criminal offense to be driving in a dirty car. All I can say here is thank the heavens I’m driving in Malaysia.
6. Know that nifty Cruise Control feature? It was created by a blind man named Ralph Teetor. Meanwhile me and my 2 working eyes sit here trying to figure out how to work an eye lash curler without blinding myself.
7. The world’s first speeding ticket was issued in the year 1902 and the driver had the audacity to be driving at the crazy speed of… 45mph. Gasp. I know.