TOC Aylezo Racing Academy opens its doors

 
 Image source:  CARSIFU

Image source: CARSIFU

PETALING JAYA: Following the formation of the TOC Aylezo Racing Academy in late March, the facilities have been readied and are now waiting for students to enrol.

Intakes for the eight-week course are in February, April, July, August and November for anyone with a valid driving license, some basic automotive and/or motorsport knowledge and RM9,500 (RM8,500 for TOC-students) for the course fees.

 Image source:  CARSIFU

Image source: CARSIFU

So far, 15 have already signed on and being new students, they will receive two round neck T-shirts, two polo T-shirts, a pair of racing gloves, balaclava and one notebook for classes that run from Monday to Saturday from 8.00am till 12,45pm with 30% of the course focused on theory and the remaining 70% on practical.

The course is being taught by professional drivers and will cover motorsports fundamentals such as seating position, braking techniques, accelerator control, how to manage field of vision, increase fitness levels and learning about the performance aspects of car setup and modifications as well as how to communicate with engineers, to name a few.

 Entrance to the Go-Kart area with the cafe located upstairs.  Image source:  CARSIFU

Entrance to the Go-Kart area with the cafe located upstairs.

Image source: CARSIFU

In addition to the exposure of being a race driver, students will also get to experience managing a race and gain insights into being a member of a race crew.

The partnership of TOC Automotive College and local professional race team Aylezo have brought about the creation of the academy, which now sits within 3Stone Park’s eight acres of land located in the precinct of Glenmarie, Shah Alam, and is also open to the general public with various other businesses available.

TOC-Aylezo-Racing-Academy-12-351x245.jpg
TOC-Aylezo-Racing-Academy-13-351x245.jpg
TOC-Aylezo-Racing-Academy-08-351x245.jpg
TOC-Aylezo-Racing-Academy-15-351x245.jpg

The facility is equipped with a restaurant / cafe, gym, a re-configurable go-kart track with 210cc four-stroke karts for rent, briefing room / classroom, and a moving simulator for aspiring race drivers to gain exposure to different international racetracks.

“Individuals are given an excellent opportunity to obtain professional guidance and knowledge from the Aylezo racing team. The team members of Aylezo have been involved in motorsports for nearly 20 years and the experience will definitely benefit those who aim to go further in this industry,” said TOC founder and CEO Adelaine Foo.

For more information or for course registration, log on to www.toc.edu.my or call 03-7955 2855.

Article source from: Image source: CARSIFU